Clutch friction plate, referred to as clutch plate for short, is a very important part in the transmission clutch of automobiles, tractors and so on. It is also a kind of composite material with friction as the main function and structural performance requirements. The friction material of the clutch plate mainly adopts asbestos based friction material. With the higher and higher requirements for environmental protection and safety, semi-metallic friction material, composite fiber friction material and ceramic fiber friction material gradually appear.
The commonly used friction materials of clutch plates for car include powder metallurgy materials, asbestos base materials and paper based materials.
Powder metallurgy materials: high surface allowable temperature, allowable pressure, friction coefficient and long service life at high temperature. Copper base powder metallurgy materials are mainly used for wet friction surfaces. Iron base powder metallurgy materials have higher friction coefficient and allowable pressure than copper base materials, but lower wear resistance. They are mostly used for dry friction surfaces.
Asbestos base material: molded with asbestos, binder and filler, consolidated on steel or iron base plate, with low allowable working temperature.
Paper base material: it is made of asbestos, plant fiber or a mixture of the two interwoven with each other, and then bonded by resin after adding filler.
1. The friction coefficient is large and stable, and the dynamic friction coefficient should be close to the static friction coefficient as much as possible;
2. High strength, can withstand impact, not easy to crack and peel off at high speed;
3. Wear resistance, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity and small thermal deformation;
4. It shall not stick when settled for a long time；
5. It also requires long service life, easy processing and low price, etc.